What paths can you take with a Massage License?
Posted on: November 5, 2020
Did you know that having a massage license does not limit you to working in a spa? There are a handful of different outlets that you can look into that are outside of the spa industry. What if the spa industry is not for you? Let’s take a look at some of those other career options.
- Be your own boss!
- Kickstarting your own massage business can have many benefits. Create your own customized schedule and handpick your own clients. You can have a traditional brick and mortar storefront or even start a mobile massage business.
2. Medical offices & Hospitals
- Many medical facilities are introducing “on demand” massage therapy for their clients. Working for a medical facility provides steady work and great benefits.
3. Hotels and Resorts
-Who doesn’t want a relaxing massage while on vacation or traveling for work? Getting a massage continues to be a popular “go-to” amenity at many resorts. Massage is the ultimate form of relaxation, especially after a long plane ride!
4. Woking for a sports team
- Athletes get injured frequently. Working for a professional or college sports team would be a unique experience. Athletes often get routine massages for injury prevention. And when injuries do occur, a massage therapist is often needed.
5. Nursing Homes & Elderly Care
- This fulfilling occupation helps to improve the overall health of the clientele. Relaxation is crucial for relaxation and keeps elderly bodies as limber as possible.