Trends and Challenges in the Spa World in 2019
Posted on: February 11, 2019
The spa industry has always been a rapidly dynamic one, constantly changing, evolving, and adapting to new technologies and cultural trends. In the article below we will delve deeper into what the spa industry has to look forward to in 2019. We take a walk through the top spa trends and challenges in order to get a better understanding of what makes this fascinating and vital industry tick.
The Top 3 Spa Trends for 2019
1. Spas for Children - One of the main spa trends for 2019 is the concept of a day spa for children. With so many working mothers out there, it is every woman's dream to be able to bring their children to a day spa with them. State of the art facilities that can accommodate children is huge.
2. Heat and Mud are Making a Comeback - Coupled with recent skincare trends, spas are racing to bring back these age-old skin healing and rejuvenating treatments. Skincare trends for 2019 greatly revolve around heat and mud-based treatments.
3. SPAcations - Day spas are as popular as ever, but so is the growing trend of SPAcations. Here a spa client can spend days rejuvenating their bodies and relaxing, which offers the spa client a far more comprehensive healing experience.
The Top 3 Challenges for Spas in 2019
1. Maintaining a Strong Social Media Presence - The spa-goer of 2019 is increasingly looking to social media for spa recommendations. As a result, every spa in the world is racing to build a strong social media presence, especially on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
2. Keeping up With Technology - The spa-goer of 2019 has technological expectations that are far different than even a decade ago. If you manage a spa then you need to have free wi-fi in your facility, device recharge ports, as well as a central user interface that helps clients connect more deeply with your services menu.
3. Incorporating the Old with the New - The old methods of operating a spa are just as important as ever, however, with the industry rapidly changing it is important that spa owners take the time to incorporate new technologies and treatment options into their business models.