How to Layer Skin Care Products
Posted on: March 27, 2017
When it comes to skin care products, the method of application makes a significant impact on how effective they are. For example, a thin serum will have difficulty penetrating the skin if it is layered over a thicker skin care product. As an esthetician, it is crucial to know the proper way to layer skin cleansers, moisturizer, and serums.
Following are the essential rules to follow when applying skin care products to yourself or your clients.
1. First, begin with a cleanser appropriately suited for your client. As an esthetician, it is crucial to determine what skin cleansers will be best suited to your clients. Proper cleansing of the skin will lead to increased product penetration and effectiveness. For dry skin, consider oil-based skin cleansers to start a dry skin facial.
2. Once the face is properly cleansed, begin with the lightest products - serums. Serums are lightweight, thin, and penetrate easily when applied first.
3. Following a skin serum, any antioxidants, such as Vitamin C should be applied.
4. In between each application, it is important to give products time to properly absorb to prevent piling.
5. Next, apply your chosen moisturizer to help lock in the ingredients applied thus far.
6. With dry skin, it may be appropriate to add an extra dose of moisture with a facial oil. This is an especially nice way to end a dry skin facial.
7. The last
All in all, by following the guidelines above, the products you apply will penetrate easier, provide better results, and lead to a more effective outcome.