Benefits of Massage Therapy for Diabetes?
Posted on: November 8, 2017
What Are the Benefits Of Massage Therapy For Diabetes?
What Are the Symptoms Of a High Blood Sugar Level?
• Increased thirst
• Frequent urination
• Increased hunger
• Itchy skin
• Blurred vision
• Weight loss
• Acetone breath odor
When you have untreated high blood glucose, it can lead to health complications such as neuropathy or kidney dysfunction.
Enjoy Meditation While Visiting a Day Spa
What Are the Benefits From Having Massages?
• Increasing your body’s blood circulation
• Releasing toxins from your body’s tissues
• Stimulating your body’s lymph glands
• Boosting your body’s immune system
• Reducing your body’s blood sugar levels
Talk to your massage therapist about combining massage therapy with a meditation session to enjoy the most benefits from visiting a day spa.
What Are the Different Types Of Massages?
• Thai – uses yoga postures and acupuncture techniques
• Reflexology – focuses on the soles of your feet
• Shiatsu – applying pressure to certain pressure points in the body
• Deep tissue – releases chronic tendon and muscle tension
• Hot stone – warm stones are applied to your body
• Swedish – requires long gliding strokes
For additional relaxation during a treatment from a massage therapist, you can request the application of fragrant essential oils.