Myofascial Components of Head, Neck, & Shoulder Pain
Instructor: Pete Whitridge
Want to have fun while getting your CEU’s? Spend time with
Pete Whitridge exploring deep tissue structures of the upper
body that are at the root of most client pain.
• Refine your touching skills and gain new confidence
• Deepen your knowledge of anatomy and fascial structures
• Teach your clients to work with you during therapy
• Eliminate chronic pain by working below the client’s pain threshold
• Slow down, focus your attention, be more effective with less effort
This workshop will offer a multi-disciplinary approach to treating
chronic pain, targeting the upper body region - the Responsibility
Center. We will explore orthopedic assessments, fascial stretching,
and hydrotherapies, as well as myofascial and muscle energy techniques
to help identify and eliminate pain and dysfunction. You will
have the opportunity to dialogue about your own specific client needs
and learn self-care strategies to help clients maintain pain free movement.
We will investigate the unique nature of connective tissue and
review current findings from the Fascia Research Congress.
This class is designed to help you pinpoint problem areas quickly, devise
strategies to eliminate pain, and work collaboratively with your
client. You will receive lots of bodywork, learn new ways to handle
clients with chronic pain, and reconnect with fellow massage therapists.
You will leave this class with