Myofascial Components of Low Back and Leg Pain
Instructor: Pete Whitridge
Spend two days with Pete Whitridge exploring deep tissue structures of the lower body that are at the root of most client pain.
• Refine your touching skills and gain new confidence
• Deepen your knowledge of anatomy and fascial structures
• Teach your clients to work with you during therapy
• Eliminate chronic pain by working below the client’s pain threshold
• Slow down, focus your attention, be more effective with less effort
This workshop will offer a multi-disciplinary approach to treating chronic pain, targeting the lower body region - the Foundation. We will explore orthopedic assessments, fascial stretching, and hydrotherapies, as well as myofascial and muscle energy techniques to help identify and eliminate pain and dysfunction. You will have the opportunity to dialogue about your own specific client needs and learn self-care strategies to help clients maintain pain free movement. We will investigate the unique nature of connective tissue and review current findings from the Fascia Research Congress.
This class is designed to help you pinpoint problem areas quickly, devise strategies to eliminate pain, and work collaboratively with your client. You will receive lots of bodywork, learn new ways to handle clients with chronic pain, and reconnect with fellow massage therapists. You will leave this class with new skills and confidence in helping your clients be pain free!