Manual Therapies for Surgeries, Scars, & Burns
Instructor: Pete Whitridge
Spend two days with Pete Whitridge exploring the physical and emotional aspects of working with clients’ scars. You will learn effective strategies for helping your clients heal.
• Refine your touching skills and deepen your knowledge of anatomy
• Gain confidence working with scar tissue
• Teach your clients to work with you during therapy
• Eliminate chronic pain by working below the client’s pain threshold
• Slow down, focus your attention, be more effective with less effort
This class will offer a multi-disciplinary approach to working with scars, burns, and chronic pain. We will explore myofascial assessments, deep tissue techniques, passive and active stretching, muscle energy techniques, hydrotherapies, cross fiber friction, and self-care. We will review current findings from the Fascia Research Congress and investigate the unique nature of the connective tissues.
Deepen your therapy skills by exploring how manual therapies can affect traumatic/surgical scars and burns. This class is designed to help you pinpoint problem areas quickly, devise strategies to eliminate pain, and work collaboratively with your client. You will receive lots of bodywork, learn new ways to handle clients with chronic pain, and reconnect with fellow massage therapists. You will leave this class with new skills and confidence in helping your clients be pain free! your clients be pain free!